Full-Time Computer Science Instructor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Computer Science Instructor
Job #: 13-075
To apply for this position, submit all required application materials (listed below) to http://www.fhdajobs.net/.
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net/ *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter not more than 3 pages detailing your qualifications, skills and abilities as they relate to the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. A list of all courses related to the job description that you have taught or equivalent industry work experience. Include the name of the institution/organization and the term or dates. (List in Classroom Teaching Experience Box)
5. All college transcripts scanned in Word or PDF version.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain and submit transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company, and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant’s expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Film/TV Production Instructor, Creative Arts Division, De Anza College.
De Anza College Mission
De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world.
De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college’s Institutional Core Competencies:
• Communication and expression
• Information literacy
• Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
• Global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
• Critical thinking
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
The principle responsibility of a Computer Science instructor is to teach a variety of college-level courses in computer programming, algorithms and data structure, software engineering, database management, computer networking, and cyber security. Day, evening, on-campus and off-campus assignments may all be a part of this position.
Standard duties expected of all faculty include development and evaluation of curricula, maintaining scheduled office hours, attendance at division meetings, pursuing professional growth activities, assisting in the District commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes, and performing other duties consistent with the role of an instructor. Instructors also have the opportunity to serve on District and college committees and participate in campus extra-curricular activities.
Duties also include sharing institutional responsibilities which are of value to the department, division, college and/or District including actively participating in the spirit of shared governance in department, division, college and District institutional responsibilities. Such responsibilities may include recruitment and hiring; class schedule preparation; budget development; providing input for performance appraisals; mentorship; general oversight of support staff; student recruitment and retention; curriculum/program development and evaluation; program review; club advising; committees; accreditation; articulation; and other duties as assigned.
In addition, instructors are expected to maintain a commitment and sensitivity to and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff, and uphold a commitment to integrating equity practices in the College’s Instructional Programs.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
HIRING RANGE: $52,640-$86,454 annually plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Faculty are also eligible for paid sabbatical leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
1. Endurance within a classroom setting, teaching students while standing, sitting, or walking throughout the classroom.
2. Use of aids such as chalkboards, posters, bulletin boards, overhead projector, television, recorder, computer, and technological equipment.
3. Retrieval, use, storage, and light lifting of teaching material, including books, equipment, assignments, etc.
4. Personally model subject-matter knowledge in written and oral language.
5. Accurately assess students’ learning abilities, needs, and styles.
6. Seeing to read various materials.
7. Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person.
8. Develop and implement a behavioral management process for monitoring, evaluating, and managing both appropriate and inappropriate student behaviors.
9. Address stressful events, created by hostile students by (a) maintaining emotional control, (b) listening without judgment or retaliation, (c) reasoning objectively and consistently, (d) keeping at the forefront the best interests of the student, and (e) maintaining professionalism and due process.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 10
months per year.
STARTING DATE: Fall 2013
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our applicatio
n process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering OR bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND master’s degree in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, accounting or engineering OR bachelor’s degree in engineering AND master’s degree in cybernetics, engineering mathematics, or business administration OR bachelor’s degree in mathematics AND master’s degree in cybernetics, engineering mathematics, or business administration OR bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a master’s degree in information science, computer information systems, or information systems OR the equivalent.
1. Strong ability in teaching introductory computer science courses, C++ and JAVA programming languages, data structures, software engineering, database management, computer networking, and various operating systems such as UNIX.
2. Significant undergraduate teaching experience at a Community College or University OR equivalent industry experience.
3. Knowledge, ability, skills, and enthusiasm to teach in one or more of the following areas: mobile computing, cloud computing, enterprise security, web development, Game Design, and Big Data.
4. Ability and willingness to continuously improve instructional quality and enhance the learning process (e.g. by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques and delivery methods such as collaborative learning, service learning, learning communities, instructional technology and online education.)
5. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
Campus: De Anza
Terms: 10 Month
Department: Business/Computer Systems
Posting Date: 04-01-2013
Job Close Date: 05-10-2013
Union Type: Faculty Association
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
1. Experience with pedagogy that engages and motivates students in their own learning process and develops critical thinking.
2. Willingness to make positive contributions to the department and the greater work of the college.
3. Commitment to professional growth.
4. Ability to assume a leadership role in developing innovative Computer Science and Computer Information Systems curricula.
5. Ability to use instructional methods that reflect cultural sensitivity and to effectively teach a diverse student population.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply
64 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job