Full-Time General Studies Teacher – 4th Grade
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton (SHS) is seeking excellent candidates for a general studies teacher at the fourth grade level for the 2013-2014 Academic year. This is a full-time position, teaching in the classroom and participating in the Sacred Heart community. Requirements include at least three years of experience as a lead teacher teaching primary grades (3-5) and a Master’s Degree in education or other related field or a BA degree and demonstrated substantial and successful experience teaching at this level. The successful candidate will be able to masterfully teach fourth grade and actively engage students in the learning process, nurturing a life-long love of learning. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated interest in multicultural education, educational technology and a deep concern for educational access, diversity and inclusion.
Founded in 1898, SHS is a Roman Catholic, coeducational, independent school and is comprised of four divisions: SHS Preschool and Kindergarten, SHS Lower and Middle Schools for grades one through eight, and Sacred Heart Preparatory for grades nine through twelve.
Located on a beautiful 64‐acre campus in the San Francisco Bay Area, SHS is one of 23 schools in the U.S. Network of Sacred Heart Schools and is affiliated with a network of over 200 Sacred Heart schools worldwide. The school’s mission is to educate the whole child to be a leader who loves God and serves others.
SHS employs over 300 full‐ and part‐time women and men with a strong commitment to diversity. Nearly 25% of the 1,000+ students are students of color; 30% of the student body receives need‐based tuition assistance; many graduating seniors earn recognition in the National Merit Scholarship program; 100% of our graduates are accepted into four‐year colleges.
Our goal is to develop in our students a life-long love of learning that impels them to become active, informed, and responsible global citizens
Our goal is to develop in all members of our community the habits of mind and heart that are expressed through integrity, respect, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness and generosity
Our goal is to build a Christian community that engages diversity in its many forms and that fosters reconciliation and collaboration among its members
Required Knowledge and Skills for All Teaching Positions at SHS
• A clear commitment to the mission of the school as articulated in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools.
• Strong teaching ability; enjoy working with children and adolescents.
• Fluency in reading, writing and speaking in English.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with students and colleagues; willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of the SHS community.
• Obvious passion for the academic subject matter being taught.
• Commitment to equity and inclusion.
• Willingness to adapt to an existing curriculum as well as contribute ideas to enhance the respective academic programs.
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Available and willing to work overnight field trips.
Qualifications for this position
• Master’s degree in education and a minimum of three years of experience as a lead-teacher in an independent school environment or a BA degree and a minimum of 10 years of documented successful experience teaching as a lead-teacher in independent schools.
• Teaching credential strongly preferred.
• Experience of any kind in a Sacred Heart school strongly preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and creative problem solving skills.
The advertised position offers competitive compensation. SHS has a policy of making health and welfare benefits available to employees based on the length of assignment and subject to the plan parameters, including medical, dental, Life & LTD, long-term care, 403(b) retirement plan and more.
Please do not contact the school by phone or address your materials to any other addresses other than the ones below.
Please apply online by sending a resume to email@example.com.
You MUST indicate LMS 4th grade Teacher 14-15
Or, you may mail your resume to:
Sacred Heart Schools
150 Valparaiso Avenue
Atherton, CA 94027
Attention Human Resources: LMS 4th grade Teacher 14-15
Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre‐employment background screening is required for all positions.
For more information on Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton, please see our website at: http://www.shschools.org.
Sacred Heart Schools, Atherton believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, age, disability, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, veteran status, or any other class protected under federal, state or local laws.
As a faith-based institution, we reserve the right to use religion as a criterion in hiring decisions, as permitted by law, as it relates to performing essential job duties.
Copyright ©2013 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to ApplyPlease apply online by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
178 total views, 6 today