Full-Time San Francisco Unified School District is seeking applications for SY 2014-2015 Classroom Teachers & Upcoming Webinar Sessions
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
San Francisco Unified School District
Classroom Teacher and Teacher on Special Assignment Positions– All Grades
2014-2015 School Year
Teach and Lead in San Francisco! As a San Francisco public school educator, you will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of students alongside supportive and talented colleagues. You will be an integral part of the district’s effort to ensure that every student who enrolls in our schools will graduate ready for college, career, and life.
The San Francisco Unified School District’s strategic plan, “Impact Learning. Impact Lives.” places access and equity, student achievement, and accountability at the forefront of every child’s education. The ideas and actions in the plan focus on one central idea: every child has the right to be well-educated. SFUSD hires teachers and other credentialed professionals who are committed to delivering rigorous instruction to all students, continuous learning and improvement, creating a culturally responsive classroom environment, and building meaningful connections with families and the community.
SFUSD is committed to attracting and retaining the best educators in the nation. Benefits of teaching in San Francisco include:
- Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for teachers and their eligible dependents
- City and state programs for housing assistance:
- Teacher Next Door Program: http://sf-moh.org/index.aspx?page=287
- Extra Credit Home Purchase Program: http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/cdlac/applications/applications.asp?app=ecthpp
- Additional salary stipend of $5000 for National Board Certified teachers and
- Additional salary stipend of $2000 for credentialed teachers teaching in high need schools and a $500 stipend for teachers teaching high need subject areas.
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
Join us for some informal conversations about upcoming opportunities with SFUSD and learn about our application and hiring process. In the Candidate Information Session, we’ll highlight some of our unique programs at SFUSD, review our application and hiring process, and share current teaching opportunities. In the Certificated Application Session, we’ll take an in-depth look at our application and share some helpful tips to ensure your application is complete and best represents your experience, interests, and skills. In both webinars, we’ll leave time to answer your questions about working in SFUSD. We hope you can join us for one of our webinars.
Space is limited, reserve your webinar seat by clicking on the links below. We’ll be holding webinar sessions throughout the spring and summer. Please check back on our website for future dates.
SFUSD Candidate Information Webinar Session
Date: Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM PDT
Please RSVP here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/374417718
SFUSD Candidate Information Webinar Session
Date: Monday, May 12, 2014
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM PDT
Please RSVP here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/896174590
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with the California Standards of the Teaching Profession, teachers work under the supervision of site or central office administrators and in collaboration with their school staff, families and community, and are responsible for the fulfillment of the essential duties set forth below:
- Support School-Wide Academic Performance Goals
- Deliver Rigorous Instruction to all Students
- Develop a Culturally Responsive Classroom Environment
- Improve Standards of Practice for Self and Colleagues
- Build Connections with Families and Community to Support Student Learning
- Other duties as assigned by the principal and/or school site administrators
The length of the work year for all teachers is 181 days of service, except department heads and deans/head counselors have 186 days of service. Principal expectations regarding teaching customs vary by school site. You may access and read individual school profiles and academic plans at the following link: www.sfusd.edu/schools.
- Possession of a valid California Teaching Credential (or out-of-state equivalent) in the appropriate content area and English Learner certificate (ELA, CLAD, or BCLAD) as required by SFUSD Board Policy
Please note that the first day of work for teachers is August 12, 2014.
How to Apply
- Go to: www.sfusd.edu/jobs
- Create an account and complete an application. Applications generally take 1-2 hours to complete. SFUSD looks very carefully at the entire application, including the 3 short answer questions
- Go to the “Jobs” tab to view and apply for specific openings.
- Please check back often to connect your application to specific openings as they are posted.
- Applicants will be contacted based on the needs of the district and current selection criteria.
For more information about SFUSD’s mission and Strategic Plan please visit: http://www.sfusd.edu/en/about-sfusd/strategic-plans-and-projects.html
For other questions, contact us at email@example.com
San Francisco Unified School District is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. It is SFUSD’s policy that all programs, activities, and practices shall be free from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. If you believe you have been discriminated against, immediately contact the school site principal and/or Executive Director of the Office of Equity, Ruth Diep, at (415) 355-7334 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
206 total views, 1 today
Apply for this Job