Full-Time Teacher – Middle School Math
Brandeis Hillel Day School
Teacher –Middle School Math
FLSA Classification: 60% FTE, exempt position
Term of Position: Job begins August 2014
Reports To: Head of Campus – Marin
Position Purpose: Teach Math to 6, 7 and 8th grade students in an Independent Jewish Day School
Brandeis Hillel Day School (BHDS) is a leading co-educational independent school for students in grades K-8 with campuses in San Francisco and San Rafael, California. The mission of BHDS is to serve the Jewish community by providing children with an outstanding academic program in general and Jewish studies within a dynamic and diverse Jewish cultural environment. BHDS currently serves 569 students on two campuses.
This position is at the Marin campus starting August 15, 2014.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Planning and teaching a challenging course of study in a developmentally appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Following, developing and enhancing existing math curriculum which includes engaging students in multiple modes of class activities including in-depth investigation of a particular topic.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students and clear expectations for community behavior.
• Collaborating with other middle school teachers, educators and specialist teachers to develop curriculum, plan trips and special projects and solve problems.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents in formal and informal conferences, written reports and newsletters.
• Working as an advisor in the Middle School Advisory program
• Planning, and staffing student educational trips (including overnight stay).
• Support and follow the School Policies and Procedures.
• Being a positive and contributing member of the professional community.
• B.A. degree and teaching credential
• Middle School Math teaching experience preferable (3 years documented)
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear and visually interact with students
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs
• Regularly use close and distance vision
• Work at a desk and computer screen
• Turn, bend, reach and occasionally use a ladder
• Work in a traditional climate controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates
Details: The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education and position requirements. Medical, dental, Life and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.bhds.org. Brandeis Hillel Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to serve the Jewish community by providing children with an outstanding academic program in general and Judaic studies within a dynamic and diverse Jewish cultural environment. The right candidate will clearly articulate and model this mission and the School’s core values which are Integrity (Ometz Lev), Service (Tikkun Olam) and Kindness (Chesed).
How to ApplyInstructions for applying: To apply: send resume and cover letter, including details of your experience relevant to teaching math to email@example.com. We respectfully ask that you do not contact the Head of School, Head of Middle School or Head of Campus directly.
470 total views, 4 today