Part-time role with a full-time impact!
Who are we?
EF High School Exchange Year is nonprofit foreign exchange program that believes in the power of cultural and academic exchange. We connect talented and enthusiastic teenagers from around the world, who want to learn more about American culture and values, with volunteer host families across the country. Since 1979, we have connected more than 100,000 students with host families, making us the leader in high school exchange.
Our students come from 13 countries and are between the ages of 15-18 years old. All of our students are thoroughly screened by our EF staff in their home country, held to a standard of maturity and academic achievement, and are looking forward to a life-changing experience abroad.
What we do?
Here at EF High School Exchange Year, our International Exchange Coordinators (IECs), the heart of our organization, help open their communities to new cultures and create lifelong relationships that span the globe.
This unique opportunity allows our nation-wide IEC community to work part-time and flexible hours to accomplish the following:
- Connect with interested families eager to learn more about hosting an exchange student
- Build relationships with local school systems and act as the liaison for the EF exchange students
- Facilitate cultural experiences and provide support for both host families and their exchange students throughout the year
- Receive extensive training from our EF Team on how to market within your community, make quality connections between host families and students, along with all the necessary requirements set by the Department of State
- Lastly, you’ll be compensated for your work and have the opportunity to earn $650 for each student you match and supervise throughout the academic year along with other incentives including domestic and international travel
This is a rewarding opportunity to meet people from across the world, create lasting relationships, and change lives, including your own.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your information via this link: https://welcome.efexchangeyear.org/teachersnet.
Someone from our EF Team will be reaching out soon to connect with you!