Name of Lesson Plan: PowerPoint Project for Creating a New Business
Content/Grade: Technology/Senior Level
Teacher: Kathleen Ayers
Date Created: 6/25/99
Resources Needed: Computer with Microsoft PowerPoint, previous business plans created as a team project, abstracting chart for organizing presentation, paper and pencil.
Classroom Arrangement: Computer Lab, possible LCD for classroom presentation
Lesson Plan Duration: 1 week
Special Directions: This lesson plan is the final part of a project called the Integrated Business Project. The time frame is about 1 week. The project is a creation of a mock new business complete with company information page, financial statements, graphs, management promotion pages, and advertising pages. The students worked in teams similar to a business structure. (eg Pres., Vice-Pres) The students will use presentation rules as an important feature in this lesson.
Madeline Hunter Lesson Design:
1. Anticipatory Set: Focus class on the PowerPoint 97/98 presentation to be shown. Reflect on written project already finished.
2. Objective and Purpose: Student will learn PowerPoint and proper format associated with presentations. Student will also classify design information for their own project.
3. Input: (Procedure) Show the PowerPoint presentation on "Putting Your Integrated Business Project on PowerPoint."
* Organizational page showing the outline and general pattern of thought in constructing the PowerPoint presentation. (Slide 1)
* Company information page showing products or services sold. This must include name of the company, owners, and address, phone number and also may include graphics and artwork. (Slide 2)
* Financial report stating the net worth using the Excel spreadsheet – Balance Sheet. (Slide 3)
* Financial report of quarter sales and expenses using the Excel spread sheet. – Income. (Slide 4)
* 2 graphs associated with the financial quarterly sales and expenses. (Slides 5 & 6)
* New product or service advertisement slide. Slide 7)
* Management promotion slides. (Selling the management to the viewers) (Slide 8)
a. Modeling: Demonstrate the concepts with the presentation "Putting Your Integrated Business Project on PowerPoint." Describe presentation rules for presentation e.g. design elements, links, white/black keys.
b. Check for Understanding: Show presentation second time and get individual responses from class. Students fill out abstracting chart for preparation in beginning presentation.
c. Guided Practice and Independent Practice: After this lesson of a PowerPoint presentation the students will finish the unit with making their own presentation using their Integrated Business Project. Student will check with instructor as to quality of each slide.
4. Closure: Reinforce the power of a visual presentation for selling purposes.