1) After students have learned the names of classroom objects and have learned the alphabet, then write the name of each classroom object (in large letters) in the center of a card.
2) At the top of the card write, "The answer is"
3) At the bottom of the card write, "How do you spell (name of a different classroom object)?"
4) Make sure that you have one for each classroom object except one which will be the starting card. (I recommed that the starting card be: "The answer is S-T-U-D-E-N-T. How do you spell (another classroom object)?"
5) Pass out the cards to the students in the class. It is better if students can have more that one card.
6) Tell the students to look at their cards and read the information silently and very carefully.
7) You will begin by asking a question. The person that has the correct answer will then speak up by reading their complete card from top to bottom.
8) This should name all the important objects in the classroom.
9) For more skill building, use a stop watch to time the class. Add a second of time at the end for every misspelled word or for not beginning with, "The answer is ..."