Lesson: Healthy Decision Making
Towards Alcohol And Tobacco Use
Goal: Students will identify and demonstrate refusal skills as well as identifying alternatives to smoking and drinking.
A written quiz will be given to the students and they will identify FIVE alternative activities to smoking and drinking.
The students will design their own Anti-Smoking and Anti-Alcohol Ad geared to help adolescents understand the healthy decisions on smoking and alcohol.
Students will write a journal entry on how they make a healthy decision when they come across alcohol and drinking throughout their lives.
1. Students will role-play refusal skills.
2. Students will design their own anti-smoking and anti-drinking services and present it to adolescents, while they are being video taped.
3. Journal entry- Students will describe how they make healthy decisions when they come across alcohol and/or smoking in their lives.
The topic of lecture
1. Public Service Ads
2. The Alternatives of Smoking and Drinking
1. TV and VCR
2. Written test
1. Written quiz
2. Participation in the classroom
3. Class Attendance
4. Class Assignments
5. Rubric for Evaluating their public service
6. Role playing skit
Short quiz on alcohol and tobacco use
1. List and describe 4 changing trends in alcohol and smoking advertisements?
2. List and describe 4 ways we can improve alcohol and tobacco in the public ads?
3. List 4 alternative activities to smoking and drinking?