Marcus A. Hilliard
March 19, 2006
Activity 6: Locate a lesson plan on the internet or use a lesson plan that you have already developed. Then redesign the lesson to accommodate students with different or special needs. Indicate the web address, characteristics of students that you specify, and the changes in the lesson plan.
1. Lesson: Ancient Greek Olympics and Olympians
2. Lesson goals: to thoroughly educate students about ancient Greek Olympic games and the most important Olympians who participated in those games. Then a formal quiz will be distributed to evaluate the students understanding of the lesson.
3. Materials needed: The standard classroom text book, a short narrative essay on Olympic Games and Olympians, in class worksheet in which students will be allowed to interact with, and a quiz for students.
4. Implementing Procedures: I will first give a thorough introduction of Greek games and why they were played at the very beginning of class. I will allow students to ask questions and orally evaluate the students allowing choral responses so that students who are having difficulty understanding can grasp the subject easier. When students are comfortable with the subject, I will distribute an in class worksheet (word search puzzle) that will familiarize the students with Olympic Games more thoroughly. (Word search puzzle URL is http://www.puzzle-maker.com/cgi-bin/wswo.cgi) Puzzle is also below.
5. After word search puzzle is distributed I will give the students a multiple choice quiz on the information given in the lesson. I will grade the quiz in class and give it back to the students so they can see how well they did and we will then go over the parts in which students had difficulty understanding.
U R E Q C H A R I O T R A C E G
I J R X K W Z B W H S U A S B E
O U I A U V M T Z H J T U X E C
Z M A G D P Z H A D E S T S N E
U P G N I N N U R P W G P O J E
F T S I B T I Q S U C S I D Z R
Q S R L M H Z P J T G R E E K G
H S L T J I C H R Y S O S T O M
A E J S E O H E H I T T O S T W
N L A E Y S S O L Y M P I A Y Z
E U V R D T M H X O E E R O M E
H C E W O R Z Z G A O P D W S U
T R L U P A P I W B Z Q F C G A
A E I U E B G I T B M M Q S M E
V H N L I O U E N A N L E K B L
K S A I N A S U A P H J I R I G
Chariot race Olympia