Prefixes: Mis-, Under Activity
1. *Note a prefix can totally change the meaning of a word.
2. Have the children write all of one of the following base words on post it notes. (Optional: Select Two students from the class to wear the prefixes while the rest of the class sticks the post it notes on the person who has the prefix that matches their word)
3. Have them sort the cards into piles to make new words by adding either the
Prefix mis-or the prefix under-.
4. Attach the word cards to either the board or a student.
5. Have the student read each list of words.
6. Try to come up with a sentence using the prefix word in a sentence. Example: The water was underground. Write the sentences on the board and have the students copy them.
7. Can you think of any more words that we can add mis-, or under to that make sense?