The Giant Jam Sandwich
• This book has a lot of rhyming words. What are rhyming words?
• What do you think that this story is going to be about?
• How many types of sandwiches can you think of?
• What do you need to make a giant jam sandwich?
• What do you think the town should do to solve its problems?
• What type of problem does the town have?
• How do you think the town will solve this problem?
• What were some of the funniest parts of this story?
• How did this story end?
• What does the town do to solve its problem? Does it work?
• Have the students write a poem about food.
• Have the student’s create and draw their own sandwich
• Silly Super Sandwich Song
• Have the students write a journal of a town’s person in this book.
• Have the students work on process words (First, Second, Next, Then, Finally) while making jam sandwiches.
• Share the Pen: Make a Sequel to the Book
• Do a lesson on real (non-fiction) and make believe (fiction) and introduce these terms and concepts to the students.