> On 10/25/10, Cathy wrote:
>> I teach 7th/8th grade history. I would like to teach a
>> quick one week unit on why we study history. I have a few
>> ideas, but wondering if anyone has a great lesson they do
>> for this. Thanks.
1. I do not think History should be about trying to learn from
the mistakes from the past, as some people have already
mentioned humans continually make the same mistakes.
2. History is filled with the most dramatic, action-packed, and
hilarious stories. The problem is the way we present it is dry
3. Historians are used in movies, video games, and television,
but students are never informed that historians help made some
of there favorite movies, video games, and television shows.
4. Studying history is a way to discover our roots as a person,
group, country, race, etc. We can see where we have been to help
propel us into the future.
5. History, just like the heavens, the sea, and the earth all
demand to be studied, every person has a desire to explore and
the subject in which they choose to study is their own.
Just a few of my ideas.
Posts on this thread, including this one