1. Very, very few teachers will be pronounced Outstanding -
just enough so that it appears that it's actually possible
for any teacher to earn a bonus.
2. At the school principal's direction, the team of Master
Teachers will create "documentation" that huge numbers of
teachers are "Ineffective."
3. It will now be much harder, if not impossible, for a
teacher labeled "Ineffective" to appeal or contest the
decision, since the evaluation will be conducted by a team,
rather than by an individual.
4. Jefferson County can now dismiss up to 50% of their
teachers, saving the school district an enormous amount of
money, possibly even solving their budget crisis in one
5. Class sizes will roughly double.
6. At the end of the five year grant period, Jeffco can
point to the pilot study as proof that pay does not equal
better education, and cut pay, or at least eliminate pay
increases, for the teachers who remain.
What a deal for the district! Reduce pay costs by legally
eliminating half of the teaching jobs in the district,
solve the budget crisis, and stop giving salary increases
permanently - all while proclaiming to be improving