|Teachers.Net > Classifieds > CONTINUING ED|
National Council on Economic Education (NCEE)
Posted by New York, NY on 6/26/08
The National Council on Economic Education (NCEE) is
pleased to announce its 2008 series of FREE Summer
Workshops for Teachers: Economics, Investment Education
and Finance (New York-Area).
WHO CAN ATTEND:
These workshops are open to any New York area K-12 teacher
who is interested in teaching about economic, financial,
and investment education.
During each workshop, you will discover the latest
teaching techniques and methods for using activity-based
lessons with your students. Topics include:
* Essential strategies for saving, investing and trading
* Understanding credit and debt
* How the markets work: stocks, bonds and mutual funds
* Financial planning
* Managing a portfolio
At the end of the workshops, you'll have turn-key lessons
that will give your students a strong understanding of the
financial markets and essential personal finance
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING:
* Certificate of Attendance for your future references
* FREE copy of one the workshop publications
* An opportunity to network with fellow teachers
* Practical tips from in-service teachers
* A ton of ideas, lesson plans and simulations
Financing Your Future – A personal finance program that
covers credit, financial planning, and banking strategies.
* Tuesday, July 29, 2008 from 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
* Wednesday, July 30, 2008 from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
* Tuesday, August 19, 2008 from 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Learning, Earning and Investing – An investment education
program that covers the basics of the financial markets.
* Thursday, July 10, 2008 from 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
* Thursday, July 31, 2008 from 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
* Thursday, July 31, 2008 from 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
* Thursday, August 21, 2008 from 1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
The Science, Industry, and Business Library
188 Madison Avenue at 34th Street
Register For One Workshop, Or Better Yet, Both!
Each workshop is limited to 30 teachers, so register soon…
and make sure to share the news with your colleagues!
Visit www.ncee.net/nationalcenter and register for the
workshop that fits your schedule.
Hope to see you at one of these workshops this summer!
Kyle R. Christensen
Assistant Director, HSBC National Center for Economic and
National Council on Economic Education
PS: Don’t forget to invite another teacher or colleague in
your school or community. Have them register at