Are you a tinkerer? Do you enjoy taking things apart and then putting them back together? How about playing with LEGO®? Would you like to use a ridiculous amount of LEGO® materials to teach kids how the world works? If so, then this may be your dream job!
Play-Well TEKnologies (http://www.play-well.org) is an educational enrichment company that introduces children in grades K-8 to STEM concepts using LEGO® components.
We are hiring additional smart, creative, dynamic LEGO® Engineering Instructors to deliver our great programs in communities throughout 27 states in the U.S. This part-time position includes teaching daily after-school programs with some weekday morning and weekend birthday parties throughout the school year, and full day camp programs during the summer.
Buckle up – this is hard work! Lugging 40 pound totes in and out of your car, leading excited kids through challenging projects, managing classroom conflicts, cleaning up all that LEGO® – this will be the toughest job you’ll ever love!
- Flexible schedule: availability during weekday afternoons and some weekends a must during school year, full weekdays during summer months.
- Experience and passion for teaching K-8 students in a classroom or summer camp setting.
- STEAM related coursework, interest and/or experience a plus!
- Must have a reliable vehicle to transport teaching materials and commute to teaching sites.
- Secure place to store Play-Well teaching kit.
- Pre-employment background check is required.
This is a part-time hourly position, 15 – 20 hours/week (more during summer). Play-Well pays a minimum of 3 hours per daily class session. Paid drive time over 1 hour round trip/day. Pay rates vary by location.
The successful Play-Well Engineering Instructor has…
- Passion for kids and ability to quickly develop good rapport with children while maintaining discipline, and directing the design and building experience.
- Comfort with “controlled chaos.”
- Understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles; love of problem solving – makers and tinkerers encouraged to apply!
- An inquisitive, fun-loving personality. We like people who are curious about how things work and are willing to “nerd out” with kids.