1. The students need to put the bar magnet inside of the plastic baggie.
2. Put the bar magnet in the plastic baggie.
3. Place the baggie and the magnet on a table.
4. Place the white sheet of paper over the baggie and magnet.
5. Sparingly, sprinkle the iron shavings all over the whaite paper.
Be sure not to get any of the shavings clumped together, this will alter
the idea we are looking for.
6. Have the students draw what the see in their lab booklets .
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for the horseshoe magnet.
8. Have students compare the bar magnet with the horseshoe magnet.