Objective: The student will spell (German. Spanish, English) words correclty.
Shiritori is a great game suitable for all grades and abilities. There are many variations of this game. The one which has worked the best in my classes is as follows.
1. Students form groups of 5 or 6 people.
2. The teacher calls out a letter of the alphabet.
3. The first student in each group runs to the board and writes a word beginning with that letter.
4. The next student runs to the board and writes a word beginning with the last letter of the previous word.
example November -1st student
run -second student
next -third student
1. Students have 2 minutes to wrtie as many words as possible.
2. Students must take turns and everyone in the gourp must take a turn.
3. One point is awarded for every correctly spelled word. Five points are awarded for words of 7 letters or more
The group with the most points in the end is the winner.