Shiritori is a great warm-up game suitable for all grades and abilities. This is a great game for the foreign language classroom. There many variations of this game. The one which has worked the best in my classes is as follows:
1. Students form groups of 5 or 6 people.
2. The teacher calls out a letter of the alphabet.
3. The first student in each group then runs to the board and writes a word beginning with that letter.
4. The next student then runs to the board after being handed the piece of chalk from the first student and writes a word beginning with the last letter of the previous word.
example: "N" teachers shouts
"November" first student writes
"rain" second student writes
"news" thirds student writes
5. This continues until all students have written one word.
6. The first team to have the same amount of correctly spelled words as team members wins.