Life Size Spelling Board Game
In Class Activity to practice spelling
1. Tiles on floor are used as the game board.
2. Children are the game pieces
3. Spelling words are used as the game cards (write spelling words on one side of a note card, instructions such as move back one space, do not advance, lose a turn are to be written on the opposite side of the card)
4. Ask the first player (child) to spell a spelling word, if they are correct they advance one square. If they are wrong turn card over and follow instructions on back of card.
5. The first child to reach the "Finish" square must spell the bonus word from their spelling list. If the child fails to spell the word correctly they must wait until the next player reaches the finish square to continue playing. Then the next player gets a chance to win by spelling the bonus word correctly. If the first child wishes to challenge for first place once again he/she may do so. Both children must spell ALL spelling words correctly. If one misses a word the other child wins the game.