CREATE A GAME
This month you will be creating a board game for your book
report. Choose a mystery story. After you have read your
book, do the following things:
- Create a playing board designed with a path of spaces
leading from "Start" to "Finish." In each space you will
mention events that happened in your book. Include the main
idea, some of the important details and action events from
the book in your spaces. Your spaces may instruct the player
how to move their playing pieces or you may make cards to
tell them how to move. For example, a space or a card may
say, "Nancy finds a clue in the clock. Move ahead two
spaces." Also, include some "foils" such as, "Nancy runs out
of gas, miss your next turn."
- Your playing board should show the setting of your book.
The name of your game should be the title of your book. Be
sure to write the name of the author on the board as well as
your own name.
- Construct playing pieces to represent the characters in
- Decide how your playing pieces will move through your game
and collect the appropriate materials such as dice or
- Write clear directions explaining the rules of your game.
- Put the pieces together in a box or zip type plastic bag
so you won't lose any pieces.
- Be sure your name is on your project and bring it to
school on Halloween Day, when you can try out each others