I can't take credit for this. Some First grade teachers in San Antonio TX (Galm Elementary/NISD) taught me this one.
1)Use food coloring and alcolol to color/ die the alphabet noodles.
2) Take a piece of paper and draw lines on it that run across the width of the paper. Start them at the top and oly go down approximately 2 1/2 inches. MAing the lines 3/4 of an inch apart. If you can some how visualize this... the paper is then put on your Xerox machine and run off onto green paper.
3) The kids will cut on the lines... it will appear to have a 2 1/2 inch "fringe".
4) Take the fringe paper (palm tree) and wrap/glue it around an empty toilet paper roll.
5) The kids take a pencil and roll down the fringe so that it repersents the palm tree leaves.
6) Glue the colored alphabet noodles to the "tree" some of the kids take the challenge to hunt for the letters in their names to put onthe tree as well.
*** They make their very own Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree**************