Art, level: Pre-School
Posted Wed Jul 5 12:36:55 PDT 2000 by Jessica Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
IUP, Indiana, Pa
This lesson will be done in one class.
1. Introduce the topic, feelings.
2. Read and discuss the story Feelings by Alike with the students.
3. The students will act out different feelings. (sad, happy, mad, surprised)
4. A Power Point presentation will be introduced.
5. The students will have to come up with a situation that makes them feel a certain way (happy, sad, mad).
6. The students will then create a mask that reflects the feelings they imagined.
7. Students will go back to their tables and begin working on their masks.
8. Have the students bring their mask to circle and have the children guess what feeling the child on the
pillow is showing.
1. White paper plates.
Some of the children might have difficulty cutting out eye holes so have a couple pre-cut.
3. Tongue depressors (have the tongue depressors already stapled to the plate, this will save time)
5. Yarn for the hair
7. Stapler (teachers only)