• 1. How big is a football field?
• 2. What are penalties in football?
• 3. How does one throw a football?
• 4. What is offense?
• 5. What is the proper way to tackle?
• 6. What is defense?
DESIGN OF COURSE
• THIS COURSE IS FOR HIGH SHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION STUDENTS WITH AN INTEREST OF UNDERSTANDING THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.
• THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED TO GIVE THE NON- ATHLETE AN IDEA OF WHAT GOES ON THE FIELD.
• THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR A CLASS SIZE OF APPOXIMATELY 50 STUDENTS.
THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR A 9 WEEK BLOCK SCHELDULE THAT MEETS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF, TWO DAYS A WEEK.
• What are the dimensions of a football field?
• How many yards are assessed on a penalty?
• Who typically throws the football?
• What are the names of the positions?
• How many players are on the field at a time?
• What is essential to playing defense or offense?
The students understanding will be assessed through a written exam, as well as a presentation.
• WEEKS 1 AND 2 ARE IN THE CLASSROOM.
• WEEK 1- (DAY 1) DISCUSS DIMENSIONS OF A FOOTBALL FIELD. (DAY 2) DISCUSS THE POSITIONS AND JOBS THE PLAYERS PERFORM.
• WEEK 2- RULES AND PENALTIES
• WEEKS 3 – 8 ARE ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD TO PERFORM DRILLS.
• WEEK 3- QB DRILLS
• WEEK 4- RB DRILLS
• WEEK 5- LB DRILLS
• WEEK 6- DB DRILLS
• WEEK 7 AND 8- SPEED BALL
• WEEK 9- (DAY 1) WRITTEN TEST (DAY 2) PRESENTATIONS