Objective: Identify sight-words in simple games and worksheets.
Motivation: Students get to walk around and interact with peers.
Place to find material: Educatorsbox.com
1. Teacher: Write the targeted sight-words on the baord.
2. Say the targeted sight-words with the class multiple times.
3. Quickly pass out one sight-word flashcard for each student in the class. Be sure to say it to that student as you give it to her or him.
4. Give the students 2 minutes to walk around the room to say the sight-words to each other. They trade the sight-word after saying it to the student they encounter (Be sure to remind them to say it to the first person he or she runs into.)
The kids should say: "My sight-word is...." before trading.
(If the kid forgets tell to them to ask a peer for help)
5. Pass out a worksheet that focuses on the target sight-words.
(Give them about 10 minutes)