1. Concept Objectives
a. Student will be able to investigate doubling numbers
b. Student will be able to record strategies for doubling numbers.
2. Skill Objectives
1. Two of Everything, by Lily Toyhong
2. Magic Pot items (dime, box of markers, bag containing 6-8 cubes)
3. chart paper
4. interlocking cubes
5. construction paper (light colored), markers/crayons
1. Teacher reads Two of Everything.
2. Teacher uses questioning strategies to pull students into lesson. Teacher provides examples to students. Teacher changes data to encourage higher level thinking based on student response.
3. Students create a number sentence to represent data.
4. Students make a class book of riddles about the magic pot.
5. Students may choose to work on book during choice time.
1. Teacher observation