Reading, Math, Spelling, and English.
Objective: The student will be able to identify parts of speech: noun, verb, adverb, and adjective with 85% accuracy. Students will use Microsoft word to write an original one page story. Each student will use highlighters to identify at least 5 nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs.
Evaluation: Each student will highlight 5 nouns in pink, 5 verbs in yellow, 5 adverbs in blue, and 5 adjectives in orange. Extra credit will be available if the student chooses to highlight ALL nouns, adverbs, verbs, and adjectives.
The teacher will:
Divide students into two groups. There are two activities. Half of the students will do one and half the other. They will then switch.
1. Teacher will talk about parts of speech. Noun is a person, place, thing, or idea, ect...(this activity is used for practice or review after a unit on parts of speech)
2. Twister. Teacher explains the game Twister (most students will be familiar with the game). Instead of colors, the caller will call out "left foot, noun. Right hand verb, ect. . ."
3. While half of the class is doing the Twister activity, the teacher will assist the other half in typing an original story in Microsoft Word.
4. Teacher will assist each student in highlighting 5 nouns, 5 verbs, 5 adverbs, and 5 adjectives using the assigned colors. Extra credit will be provided for any student able to highlight every noun, verb, adjective or adverb.
The student will:
1. Students will observe the teachers examples.
2. The students will decide who the caller is (person who operates spinner. Who the spotter is (person making sure each student places hand, foot ect on the right word. And who will play first. Each student will have a turn to play each position.
3. 3. Students will type an original story.
4. Students will highlight the parts of speech.