1. Trace a fish onto the coffee filter with a permanent marker. (Older kids can do it themselves)
2. Then have the kids use washable markers to color the fish.
3. Next, have the kids cut out their fish.
4. Help the kids to drop a few drops of water on to the fish. (Also a squirt bottle works great, the marker bleeding will spread more evenly)
5. Now that the marker has bled, use the blowdryer on a low setting to make the fish dry again.
6. Once it is dry, punch a hole in the top and string through some yarn and now they can be hung.
You can also add some questions for the kids while doing this to incorporate science.
Example: why is the color spreading? Ect.