Date written: March 29, 2005
Teacher: JOSÉ DE JESÚS SALAS CÁRDENAS
Level: BASIC LEVEL
Subject or unit title: ENGLISH
Lesson title: COMPARATIVES AND PRICES
Lesson number: ¬ 2ND
The students will review the vocabulary words for this unit at the beginning of the class. The teacher will say the words and the students will follow the pronunciation. After that, the students will make a review of the comparative forms already explained the last class. This exercise will be done with some flyers collected from different stores and Malls. Then they will do the same exercise with some drawings that they made also last class. The second part of the class consists on studying prices. First the teacher will explain the numbers and its pronunciation, the way to make questions about prices. They will practice orally the number form 20 until 100 that are more used at this time. Only the professor will tell the students about the hundreds and the thousands.
1. Students will learn to use comparative forms in real situations.
2. They will see the necessary vocabulary words given at the beginning of the unit.
3. They will see how to make shopping with easy questions and give prices with numbers given at the classroom.
Lesson supply list: Whiteboard, markers, Shopping Flyers.
Required reading: Comparative forms and vocabulary words given last class.
Methodology for Students:
1. Students will be divided into pairs or small groups in order to put into practice what was given in the theory.
2. They will write out their sentences and works as well, because those conclusions are going to be applied for a special practice before the partial exam.
3. The teacher will walk around to clarify questions they are finding.
Estimated time to complete lesson: 50 minutes