This is a fun game to play and help children review their spelling words. This game is fast paced, and the students have to pay attention.
1. Have the students carefully stand on their chairs.
2. The teacher will call out a spelling word.
3. Taking turns, each student will give one letter of the word.
4. When the students are finished spelling the word, the next student up is the "Rotten Apple". (For example: If the word is "walk". It will take four students to spell the word, so the fifth student is the "Rotten Apple" and has to sit down.)
5. If a student gives the wrong letter, he/she is also out.
6. Keep going around and around the room until there is one student left standing. That student is the winner.