Objective: Students will be able to perform basic planting strategies while engaging in safe outdoor activity
Material Needed: gloves, apron, shovel, rake, fertilizer and seasonal plants.
Activity Time: Five Days
1. Clear out a 10ft area by removing all unwanted grass and weeds.
2. Till area so that soil becomes fresh (including fertilizer).
3. Place plants in desired area (12 inches apart).
4. Press container on desired area. (Make an imprint).
5. Dig a hole twice the size of the roots of the plant.
6. Compress all soil, fertilizer, and dirt.
7. Water five days consecutively.
This is a very fun activity that is great to provide relevance for students. Steps should be explained before beginning this outside activity.