Grade Level: 5
Lesson Topic: Keystroke Shortcuts
Estimated Lesson Time: 20-30 minutes
Modifications: None, there will be a visual demonstration for all students to see in the Computer Lab.
Objective(s): At the end of the lesson, students will be able to...
1. Use keystroke shortcuts in the computer lab and at home to maximize their time at the computer.
2. Cut their word processing time down.
3. Easily do things that they could not do before with just the mouse and drop-down menus.
-Students will be on the floor at the Computer Lab while the teacher is at a computer with the screen available for all students to see.
-Teacher will have a paragraph saved on the computer that has many things that need to be changed/edited.
-Teacher will ask students what needs to be done to the assignment before it is printed and turned in.
-Teacher will ask students how this should be done; students respond.
-Teacher offers new ways to do the same tasks through keystroke shortcuts and models how to do so.
-Teacher gives each student a worksheet that they are to duplicate using the keystroke shortcuts they just learned, along with a Keystroke Shortcut sheet from the Technology seminar.
1. Informal assessment occurs when the teacher observes students using the keystroke shortcuts in the lab.
2. Formal assessment occurs when students produce their own work using the shortcuts they learned and when the teacher asks them what to do for certain tasks the next day in class.