Teacher: Jenny Powell Date: Grade/Subject: Physical Ed.
Lesson Title: Fitness Interval Training
Taxonomy & Depth
1. Remember -- remember previously learned tasks
2. Understand- being able to understand the meaning of the material.
3. Application- uses the new concepts in a different situation (exercise).
Other higher level thinking skills- List:
(Check and Clarify Applicable Taxonomies)
1. Receiving- Participate in the activity
2. Responding -- Actively participating in the days activities.
3. Valuing -- Valuing the importance of the
5. Characterization by value - Developing the importance of ones health
2. Set -- Ready to take physical action when beginning the activity.
3. Guided Response -- Learning by imitation, and trial and error
5. Complex overt response - Performing skills
1. The student will be confident in many movement activities.
3. The student will achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of physical fitness.
6. The student will demonstrate responsible social behavior while participating in movement activities. The student will understand the importance of respect for all others.
Lesson Objectives (Include Taxonomies and/or Standards)
- ASW will be competent in many forms of movement (show that they know how to do each specific skill such as sit-up, push-up, etc.) This includes proper techniques of each task involved.
- ASW will actively participate and be active
- ASW be able to critique their performance on the circuit, when the class is over.
Modification for learners Lesson Objectives: :( Verify modifications of each)
ELL: Direct Instruction, Modeling
MI: Kinesthetic, Linguistic
LD: Modeling, Visual/Auditory Clues, Kinesthetic
COP: Kinesthetic, Modeling, direct instruction
- Provide prompts and cues
- Allowing for questions and comments
1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5,
2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6,
3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5,
4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5,
5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5,
6.1, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5.
Also, parts of
11, 12, 13, 14, 15,
16, 17, 18, 19, and 20
(Circle or Underline Applicable Standards)
Grouping of Students
Small group (3-4)
Large Group (5 or +)
Other -- List
(Check Applicable Groupings)
(Check Applicable Groupings)
Comprehension: Ask and Answer questions using phrases or simple sentences
Materials & Equipment
Outside - PE
2. music or whistle (optional)
Teacher Environment, Routines: Outside - PE
Physical -- Before Class
Check play area
Psychological -- as students squad-up
1. Get Roll Cards
2. Get Equipment needed
3. Other: (List)
After class is assembled (Seated)
Take roll, collect excuses, give announcements & finish routines.
Do warm-up exercises, re-squad up, then settle class and begin lesson.
INTO: After the second bell rings students have 10 min. to get onto the grass field in front of the bad room. Roll is taken by a number call off, which is the least time consuming. A small warm-up will be done to get the students ready for the class. This warm-up is led by the leaders.
- CFU: Teacher will walk around and observe students to be sure they are on task.
Students will then be informed of the day's activities, and the teacher will transition into the activity section of this lesson.
- Review of all activities; sit up, push-up, grapevine, etc. All students should know proper technique from previous lessons.
- Start with number one on the list. All students will perform the skills together on the teachers command before they begin the actual workout.
- Teacher should at this point be walking around to insure students are doing each activity correctly.
- CFU- Students demonstrating the proper technique.
- Interval workout:
1. Sprint for 30 seconds, Walk briskly for 30 seconds to recover.
2. Tuck jumps for height for 30 seconds (tuck knees to chest, land with bend in knees), Walk briskly for 30 seconds
3. Push-ups for 30 seconds, walk briskly for 30 seconds
4. High knee sprint for 30 seconds, walk briskly for 60 seconds
5. Sprint 30 seconds, walk briskly for 30 seconds
6. Grapevine sprint (keep shoulder pointing forward), walk briskly for 60 seconds
7. Jazz run for 30 seconds, walk briskly for 30 seconds
8. Alternating lunges 30 seconds (make sure knees do not go past toes), walk briskly for 60 seconds
9. High knee skipping 30 seconds, walk briskly for 60 seconds
10. Crunches for 60 seconds, walk to cool down
- Class should be let in 10 minutes before the bell rings in order to change from their workout clothes.
- Students bring it in for final class discussion
- CFU- teacher will answer any questions.
- Lead into what they will be doing tomorrow. Review of routines tomorrow, and then get into groups for end of the year spring show.
- Assessment in this lesson can include have kids write in a journal their # of sit-ups, push-ups, etc. This can be an ongoing journal and everytime they complete this activity they record their numbers. This way they have a record of their improvement over the semester.