For photos please email me.
I have used this lesson for Kindergarten, first and second grade.
STEPS: 1. the students think of a person they want to be, ex: doctor, athlete, fireman, actor.
2. The students form the head, 2 hands and 2 feet out of clay. Make a hole in each piece of clay for pipecleaners. Allow to dry or be fired.
3. Insert a pipecleaner in the head and twist a bead at the end to hold in place. Do the same for both the arms and legs. My students like to add 3-4 beads to make the arms and legs and body. Then put end of each pipecleaner into clay hands and feet and twist the ends to secure.
4. Paint all parts with watercolors or tempera and allow to dry.
5. Glue on yarn for hair, and fabric for clothes.
6. My students love to play with the completed puppets because the head, hands and feet move!