Spelling and Phonics
Short Vowel: /e/ea
1. Write the word bread on the board.
2. Explain that in each word you will say, the short e vowel sound is spelled ea.
3. EA Vocabulary Cards: Have each student select a card and read it aloud to the class and then tell everyone what that word means.
4. Independent: Write each word in a complete sentence.
5. Mnemonic Device: Write the Mnemonic Devices and Draw a picture to go with each of the Sentences
A pound of lead is not heavier than a pound of feathers.
The steak is a great break.