"A Kid Pix Valentine"
-Making a Valentine's Day card in our computer lab using Apple's Kid Pix program
-Ask students what colors, pictures, and symbols represent Valentine's Day. What picture or drawing will you use on your card? What do you want to say in your card? Who is the card for?
- By the end of this lesson, all students will be able to enter text into the Kid Pix program.
- Children have used Kix Pix a couple of times before during our computer lab time; however, they have never entered text.
- Students will work independently for the most part. There will be a brief introduction explaining to all students how to enter text into their picture. During authentic assessment, teacher will answer additional questions students may have.
- ELL students will be allowed to use words, not phrases or sentences.
- High achievers will be asked to write a poem for their text.
- Teacher will print out students' work and share the cards with the class after teacher has proofed each card to make sure they students understood the lesson.