Lesson Plan 3 By Bryan Vannoy
Lesson Plan Title: European Geography
Concept / Topic To Teach: Understanding location, culture, and other ways of life of European countries.
Standards Addressed: SOL WG 4.
The student will locate and analyze physical, economic, and cultural characteristics of world regions.
The students will be able to distinguish the capitols, and culture life of countries in Europe.
- The students will investigate the life, culture, language, imports and exports of countries in Europe.
Big Post-paper of 15 European countries, with fill in the blanks with topics: Capitol, population, chief export and import, and language
Anticipatory Set (Lead-In):
Game, place map of Europe on overhead and project on to the blackboard.
Students divided into teams and tested on what countries they can name, countries are then checked on blackboard as they are named.
1. Students from 3 groups
2. Each group is responsible for naming capitols of 15 selected countries in Europe
3. One group will be responsible fro population of countries
4. One will be responsible for chief exports and imports
5. Last group will be responsible for language of the 15 selected countries.
6. When finished, Group leaders will put up their answers on the 15 (each selected country) post-it notes, that are set up around the classroom.
Plan For Independent Practice: Study Geography of Europe
Closure (Reflect Anticipatory Set):
Discuss answers and why they might be the way they are
Assessment Based On Objectives:
-students graded on participation
- quiz after activity
Adaptations (For Students With Learning Disabilities):
Group up with gifted students
Let them get up and place answers on post-it-notes
Extensions (For Gifted Students):
- Group with special needs students
- Responsible with splitting the countries in the group
Possible Connections To Other Subjects: Foreign language, business, and economics