Lesson Steps (Activities)
1. Students will begin with a whole class activity to brainstorm possible ideas about holiday celebrations.
2. Students will be placed into groups of 2.
3. Students will begin by choosing which holiday celebration they will be writing about.
4. Student will begin developing ideas through writing sentences.
5. Students will revise drafts.
6. Students will edit draft. Students will look over their drafts to check for punctuation, spelling and grammer.
7. Student will publish their writing.
8. Students will paste their drawing and writing into their class quilt.
9. Student will share their quilt square with the rest of the class.