Spot is Eric Hill's creation and stars in his "Spot" Books.
You can adapt this activity to use any favorite dog, e.g. Clifford
Purpose: To practice following directions and learn the meanings of common position words.
This can be a Bulletin Board activity, Learning Center or small group activity.
Make as many sets as you will need for the manner in which you plan to use the activity.
Each set needs one Spot or other puppy made out of construction paper and laminated.
One red dog dish and one yellow dog dish, laminated.
Ten laminated white dog bones.
Prepare the following directions to be read to the students;
1. Put a bone on the red dish.
2. Put a bone over the red dish.
3. Put a bone at the bottom of the red dish.
4. Put a bone at the top of the yellow dish.
5. Put a bone beside the red dish.
6. Put a bone on the yellow dish.
7. Take a bone out of the yellow dish.
8. Put a bone in the red dish.
9. Put a bone under the yellow dish.
10.Put a bone beside the yellow dish.
When ready to begin, say;
"I'm going to read some directions to you. Your job is to take a bone and do exactly as the directions say. Help Spot put his bones in the correct place. Guide the students as needed.