1. Flash lights (enough for one per child, have the children bring them in).
2. Oranges (enough for one per child, have the children bring them in).
3. Globe and world map.
4. Crayons (pemanent markers).
1. Learner will gain an understanding of why the seasons change
1. Review information about the sun, earth, day, night and rotation.
2. Show the children a map of the world and have them (ask one) show where Alaska is
3. Show a globe and do same
4. In peer groups have the children skewer their oranges and draw the continents on oranges.
5. Have children problem solve on how the earth goes around the sun when the different seasons occur.
6. As peer groups have them talk about how the earth moves, helping where needed.
7. Show them how the earth revolves around the sun, using globe and having children represent the sun in the center.
8. Let each child try it with their oranges.
9. Let childrn eat oranges.
1. By watching children with their oranges, I will be able to see if they got it.
2. By problem solving with the children I will be able to see where they are at