NBPTS
MEMBERS
80 Members
Support Our Sponsors!

Start a new discussion...
Rather than piecing together evidence from emails, a single question from a survey and/or assessment data from previous years, is it appropriate to submit 2 pages from a spreadsheet where I compile much of this information at the beginning of the year? My spreadsheet shows state assessment data, behavior/work habit/academic information about student learned from previous year’s teacher, and information learned from intervention teachers. I typically just make notes on this spreadsheet throughout the year, including after parent communications. This will show the information I obtained, and I will explain HOW I obtained it in my writing. Does this seem like an appropriate approach to providing evidence?
view previous comments
Jamie I had this same exact question too! I actually emailed NBCT regarding this because I have a running list of my "observational data" and collaboration with colleagues, including parent suggestions too.

On 3/09/17, Nicole wrote: > On 3/09/17, Beth wrote: >> Rather than piecing together evidence from emails, a >> sin...See More
Mar 19
mcgeneralistnb I have this same question. Please share what NB says when they reply back to you. :)

On 3/19/17, Jamie wrote: > I had this same exact question too! I actually emailed NBCT > regarding this because I have a running list of my > "observational data" and collaboration with colleagues, > including parent suggestions too. ...See More
Mar 20
Beth Please let me know what you find out! I feel like my spreadsheet is the most comprehensive evidence I could submit.

On 3/19/17, Jamie wrote: > I had this same exact question too! I actually emailed NBCT > regarding this because I have a running list of my > "observational data" and collaboration with colleagues, > in...See More
Mar 23
Jenny I had a friend ask NB the same question. They said compiling into usable data is fine.

On 3/09/17, Beth wrote: > Rather than piecing together evidence from emails, a > single question from a survey and/or assessment data from > previous years, is it appropriate to submit 2 pages from > a spreadsheet where I compile much of this...See More
Mar 25
Beth Thank you!

On 3/25/17, Jenny wrote: > I had a friend ask NB the same question. They said > compiling into usable data is fine. > > On 3/09/17, Beth wrote: >> Rather than piecing together evidence from emails, a >> single question from a survey and/or assessment data from >> previous years, is it appropriate to...See More


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language