Fieldtrips
MEMBERS
1 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Start a new discussion...
If you’re reading this review, it means that you’re considering spending some time abroad to learn a foreign language. I personally spent nine months in two different EF schools. I will get straight to the point: don’t choose EF. It’s a rip-off.

I’m not used to criticize, but EF kind of deserves it. Read the following if you want to be convinced.

Sure, they present well, their Internet site looks professional. Don’t be deceived. They are bad; for two main reasons: it’s one of the most expensive language schools, and, most important, you hardly learn.

Why? Well, I give you some examples of their way of teaching. Vocabulary: you would spend one whole hour drawing something reminding you a word of the vocab list. The next hour, you would do the same for another word. Then, they would give you the definition of one word (that you’ve never seen before), and you have to guess it. Three hours, three words. Thanks, EF. Ok, that’s some of the wors...See More
Slav That's some mighty impressive written English from someone who went to not 1 but 2 EF Language Schools. In fact, it is almost native like in its fluency. They must have done something right to teach you this remarkable level of English, allowing you to write a scathing criticism of this nature.
Mar 22, 2011
Slay On 3/22/11, Slav wrote: > That's some mighty impressive written English from someone who > went to not 1 but 2 EF Language Schools. In fact, it is almost > native like in its fluency. They must have done something right > to teach you this remarkable level of English, allowing you to > write a scathing criticism of this nature.
<...See More
May 25, 2011
Kevin N Gavit I wish I would have read this before I booked. I have been on a trip/vacation with EF back when I was in High school. I was hoping to have the same experience with the Language school in Paris. That is not the case. The post from Jack J is 100&37; accurate. Everything was great until I got here. I was lied to about the housing, I was promised b...See More
Jan 21, 2015
beverl3y swalwell On 1/21/15, Kevin N Gavit wrote: > I wish I would have read this before I booked. I have been > on a trip/vacation with EF back when I was in High school. > I was hoping to have the same experience with the Language > school in Paris. That is not the case. > The post from Jack J is 100&37; accurate. Everything was > great unti...See More
Aug 19, 2015
Host On 3/10/11, jack j. wrote: > If you’re reading this review, it means that you’re > considering spending some time abroad to learn a foreign > language. I personally spent nine months in two different > EF schools. I will get straight to the point: don’t choose > EF. It’s a rip-off. > > I’m not used to criticize, but E...See More
Jan 23


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language