After buying the 4 blocks lesson planner, I adapted
my reading conferences to contain two different
types. These types are Child run and teacher run.
Child run / Book share conference
Title of your book?______________________
1. Do you like this book? Why/why not
2. What didn't you like about this book?
3. Favorite part?
4. What was the (saddest, silliest, strangest, or most
Surprising) part of this book?
5. Favorite picture - locate in book.
7. What did you learn from this book?
Conference went: very well good
Self- Selected Reading
Circle the appropriate descriptors:
1. Student reads:
Fluently word by word self-corrects
2. Strategies used:
Sounds out words pictures
Context clues syntax clues
3. Circle correctly answered questions, / incorrect,
leave alone if not asked.
title characters setting
beginning ending fantasy/reality
problem solution other:___________
4. Comprehension is: excellent good fair poor
5. Focus question & response:
6. This book was: too easy too hard appropriate