Re: US trained teacher, looking to relocate to Canada
    Posted by: Rob on 8/06/15
    () Comments

    Definitely go through the Ontario College of Teachers to get
    clarification of the process to teach here.
    The only possible shortage is French speaking teachers in
    immersion schools. My neighbour who spoke/wrote French
    fluently got several job offers and the only teacher who I
    know had a choice where she would work.
    All the best.

    On 8/05/15, Steve wrote:
    > I am an American, male, certified in my state in elementary
    ed (K-5),
    > special ed general curriculum (moderate disability, k-12),
    and Spanish (k-
    > 12) The licensing requirements seem to be pretty straight
    forward for
    > Americans based on the appropriate agencies for several
    provinces, but I
    > do have a few questions with which I hope you could help.
    > I know the teaching market in most provinces is pretty
    saturated. My
    > ultimate plan is to pursue graduate studies in Canada, both
    to further my
    > education and because it makes immigration easier. Is it
    possible to earn
    > additional qualification areas on a Canadian teaching
    certificate via a
    > masters program? If so, what are some high needs areas in
    Canada that
    > can be pursued at a masters level for the intention of
    adding an additional
    > field to a teaching cert?
    > I speak French, because I used to live in France. I know
    > bilingual/French language education is much more needed
    than English-
    > language. However, I don't have any formal qualifications
    and I can't see
    > if simply being bilingual with a certificate is enough to
    qualify for those
    > jobs. Is it necessary to have some sort of certification or
    endorsement to
    > seek them?

    Posts on this thread, including this one

  • US trained teacher, looking to relocate to Canada, 8/05/15, by Steve.
  • Re: US trained teacher, looking to relocate to Canada, 8/06/15, by Rob.