New Jobs on Teachers.Net

Brandeis Hillel Day Sc...
San Francisco

Brandeis Hillel Day Sc...
San Francisco

Colorado School for th...

The Help Group
Los Angeles

Pine Street School
New York

ASU Preparatory Academ...

Central Consolidated S...


    Re: certification in AR

    On 5/13/10, Karrie wrote:
    > Actually....
    > I have a license in Arizona and in Guam...we are a military
    > family. I had to pay $10 for a new thing they are doing : Child
    > Maltreatment clearance. Then you have to apply for reciprocity.
    > If you send everything to ADE then you will get a "LETTER" that
    > states you are eligible for a provisional AR license. Use that
    > when applying for a job. THEY WILL NOT give you a provisional
    > license!! Crazy huh! I have been fighting with them on this
    > since my husband retired here from the Air Force. I can have my
    > intitial after I complete my 3 hour Arkansas History course, but
    > not until. That's it. Only thing that makes applying with
    > reciprocity better than getting an initial in Ar is that you
    > qualify to be placed under ALP (additional Licensure Plan) and
    > can teach out-of-field and have up to three years to fulfill
    > requirements for that teaching position. That is only with
    > reciprocity under the Akansas Department of Education: Rules
    > Governing the Addition of Areas of Licensure of Endorsement
    > under 3.00 Definitions : 3.01 ALP and 4.00 Requirements for
    > Adding an Area of Licensure or Endorsement: 4.01
    > I suggest getting into an AR History course as soon as possible
    > and avoid having to deal with the Provisional letter. Each time
    > you talk to someone at the state department, it seems like there
    > is a different answer.
    > Also, the provisional letter legally doesn't state what it
    > says that the district couldn't hire a certified
    > teacher for the position that they hire the provisional teacher
    > for....which could be false. A person coming from out of state
    > could be more qualified for the position, but hold a provisional
    > license.
    > Sorry..still ranting and raving. I am stuck with my AR history
    > that I am taking from Uof A and it is HARD!!
    > On 4/26/10, Peggy/TX wrote:
    >> Hi, Karen,
    >> I just tried to answer another question here a few minutes
    >> ago, so I'll give another try here. When I applied for my
    >> Arkansas certificate, I held an Oklahoma certificate, and I
    >> received my Arkansas certificate without any problems
    >> whatsoever. I was asked to be fingerprinted, but that's quick
    >> and easy. I don't remember the initial cost, but sometimes it
    >> can be fairly hefty, as you probably know being from the great
    >> state of Texas!
    >> Just download an application for certification from the
    >> Arkansas Department of Education and send all your
    >> transcripts, Texas state test results, if you have them, and a
    >> copy of your Texas cerificate. My guess is that you'll
    >> be "good to go" in Arkansas without any problems.
    >> Good Luck.
    >> Peggy/TX
    >> On 4/02/10, Karen Price wrote:
    >>> I would like to relocate to Arkansas. I hold a Texas
    >>> teaching certificate. Will Arknasas honor this
    >>> certification, or will I have to take more exams?