New Jobs on Teachers.Net

Brandeis Hillel Day Sc...
San Francisco

Brandeis Hillel Day Sc...
San Francisco

Brandeis Hillel Day Sc...
San Francisco

Colorado School for th...

The Help Group
Los Angeles

Pine Street School
New York

ASU Preparatory Academ...


    Re: Renewal of an expired teaching license

    Hi, Stacey,
    You need to go on-line at the Arkansas State Department of
    Education and download a copy of the certificate renewal
    application. It costs $100.00 to renew your certificate. You
    may also be asked to go be fingerprinted which is an extra $25-
    35. I tried to go on-line to view a copy of my expired
    Arkansas certificate but was defeated on that task.
    You are probably right in assuming that you might be given a
    provisional certificate, BUT some school districts may be
    willing to hire you if you let them know in your cover letter
    that your Arkansas certificate has expired. I have both a
    Texas and an Oklahoma certificate so decided to wait on
    renewing my Arkansas one unless a district decides to offer me
    a job.
    Good Luck! I for one am thrilled that you were able to stay
    home with your children for a few years. That's fabulous and
    your children will always remember.
    On 4/20/10, Stacey wrote:
    > Can anyone help me out here? I've tried reading the website
    > and calling, but I seem to get different answers with each
    > different person I talk to. My license expired in 07 or 08
    > (I can't even remember). I have not taught since 2002. AND
    > I have not kept up at all with my 60 required hours a year
    > of professional development. I have not taken any graduate
    > classes. Now, after staying home to raise my children, I
    > want to go back to teaching, and requirements all seem so
    > different now. How do I get my license back? Do I have to
    > do the 60 hours for EACH year since the 06 requirement, or
    > just the current year's 60? Can I just apply and get a
    > provisional license and then actually get a job and do my
    > 60 hours that way? Do I have to go to grad school? Is there
    > any easy way to do this without spending major time and
    > major $$$, or should I just give up and find a new career.
    > I am beyond frustrated here!! Thanks for any advice you
    > have to offer.