AP/GATE
MEMBERS
1 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Start a new discussion...
I have not read this book, but I just read a report that listed AR books by how many tests/how popular the books were and this topped a few of the lists, especially middle school. Is this an appropriate book for middle schoolers? The amazon page mentions grades 9 and up but the reviews say it is a story of resilience.

I'm just interested in hearing any and all opinions on this book. Thanks!
Laura T. On 11/04/09, Victoria wrote: > I have not read this book, but I just read a report that > listed AR books by how many tests/how popular the books > were and this topped a few of the lists, especially middle > school. Is this an appropriate book for middle schoolers? > The amazon page mentions grades 9 and up but the reviews > say ...See More
Nov 4, 2009
Jo Reading this as an adult I had a very hard time with the content. I cried through most of the book. I don't agree that it is suitable material for a teacher to choose for a student or to allow a student to choose without parental consent. The content is just too horrendous. The abuse of this child is beyond brutal. The topic of assigning this book ...See More
Nov 4, 2009
Cyna This book is in our library, but is in the room with the other professional books for teachers. I don't think it is appropriate for middle school
Nov 6, 2009
Victoria Thanks everyone--from the description, I thought it didn't sound appropriate. Seeing it be so popular made me wonder though LOL I would like to read it but will definitely not be sharing it with my students.

On 11/06/09, Cyna wrote: > > This book is in our library, but is in the room with the other > professional books for teache...See More
Nov 6, 2009
mary anne On 11/04/09, Jo wrote: > Reading this as an adult I had a very hard time with the > content. I cried through most of the book. I don't agree that > it is suitable material for a teacher to choose for a student > or to allow a student to choose without parental consent. > The content is just too horrendous. The abuse of this child &g...See More
Dec 17, 2009


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language