Centers
MEMBERS
2 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Post a message...
    Substitute Teacher - Relief Teacher

    If you'd like to know how to be a better relief teacher, I have some ideas for you. In many areas, a relief teacher is often referred to as a substitute teacher, or as a "sub," for short. He or she fills in for teaching positions when the regular teacher is out because of personal or family illness, the ...See More
    Wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for middle school reading classroom centers? I need to base my sections for students that are struggling in various skills, i.e.dictionary skills, vocabulary , inference, drawing conclusions. I would appreciate some input Thanks
    shellymck On 2/18/12, rdgrm wrote: > Wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for middle > school reading classroom centers? I need to base my > sections for students that are struggling in various > skills, i.e.dictionary skills, vocabulary , inference, > drawing conclusions. I would appreciate some input Thanks
    Aug 28, 2014
    Taylor On 8/28/14, shellymck wrote: > On 2/18/12, rdgrm wrote: >> Wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for middle >> school reading classroom centers? I need to base my >> sections for students that are struggling in various >> skills, i.e.dictionary skills, vocabulary , inference, >> drawing conclusions. I would ap...See More
    Apr 14, 2016
    /blockquote>

    Is there a site where I can print Mountain Math 2nd grade
    student response sheets? I have the kit, but, no
    accompanying sheets. Please email me [email removed]
    view previous comments
    Peter Wilson On 10/20/07, Soha Kayyali wrote: > On 2/02/07, Sierra wrote: >> Is there a site where I can print Mountain Math 2nd grade >> student response sheets? I have the kit, but, no >> accompanying sheets. Please email me [email removed]
    Sep 6, 2010
    Angela I need help with Math Mountain that only uses 2 different numbers???
    Sep 15, 2015
    Not sure if anyone has already posted this site but it has a lot of center activities for k-5 that you can download for free. Definitely worth a visit!
    view previous comments
    HS_Math_Teacher With regard to math centers...any suggestions for the high school level? This seems to be the catch-phrase for our school and, no doubt, will be "strongly encouraged" to have these in place for next year.

    Any thought or suggestions?
    May 30, 2012
    Ms.Bowen On 5/30/12, HS_Math_Teacher wrote: > With regard to math centers...any suggestions for the high > school level? This seems to be the catch-phrase for our school > and, no doubt, will be "strongly encouraged" to have these in > place for next year. > > Any thought or suggestions?

    I am a middle school math teache...See More
    Jul 10, 2015
    I am looking for all the Edition: Educational Psychology books/journals I can find. I am a college student going into education and it was recommended that I read these and study the content as much as possible. As a college student and mother, I obviously can not pay a lot for them but please let me know what you have! Thank You!! (931)-625-5674 o...See More
    hav index cards glue anddddd workbook
    /blockquote>

    I am a first year teacher and I would like to start buying
    books to have a library in my class. I have no experience
    with fifth grade. Can someone share what authors or books
    this age group likes?
    Suzi /blockquote>

    On 6/20/06, Nicole wrote:
    > I am a first year teacher and I would like to start buying
    > books to have a library in my class. I have no experience
    > with fifth grade. Can someone share what authors or books
    > this age group likes?

    Here's a quick way to come up with 35 titles....go to the...See More
    Jun 21, 2006
    /blockquote>

    My name is Leon Potter I am 13 Years old and i live in
    manchester. I like motobikes and love football i support
    Manchester United and wanted a penpal to write to....
    /blockquote>

    My partner and I are trying to come up with a "clever"
    name for our 5th grade House. Any suggestions? We don't
    want to use acronyms. We thought of DaVinci House but
    wasn't sure if it was appropriate due to the book.
    sure its appropriate /blockquote>

    Sure its appropriate!! If you like it go for it!!! DiVinci
    was also a artist too.

    On 6/22/06, Nicole wrote:
    > My partner and I are trying to come up with a "clever"
    > name for our 5th grade House. Any suggestions? We don't
    > want to use acronyms. We thought of DaVinci House but
    > wa...See More
    Jun 25, 2006
    msd /blockquote>

    On 6/25/06, sure its appropriate wrote:
    > Sure its appropriate!! If you like it go for it!!! DiVinci
    > was also a artist too.
    >
    >
    > On 6/22/06, Nicole wrote:
    >> My partner and I are trying to come up with a "clever"
    >> name for our 5th grade House. Any suggestions? We d...See More
    Jul 3, 2006
    /blockquote>

    Are there any music teachers or elementary classroom
    teachers who have used centers to teach about music? I'm a
    certified music teacher, but my background is more
    performance oriented and I'm unsure where to start with
    centers. How have you organized centers in your elementary
    music class, how did you organiz...See More
    view previous comments
    Shirley I have taught Music from K-12 for 18 years. Most of my experience has been in elementary. For the past 3 years I have tried centers in the upper level, with good success. I don't use centers all the time, but do use them a lot. Kids often ask for them. I might start out with rhythms, and Singing, in grades 3-6. Then, if I use centers, I have had: T...See More
    Jun 21, 2009
    Hillery Price On 6/21/09, Shirley wrote: > I enjoyed reading your ideas about centers in music classrooms as I am looking to make a transition to this type of instruction for next year. However, I am a little bothered by some of your word choices when referring to your place of employment/student demographic. Please be mindful that there are African- American...See More
    Feb 8, 2013

    next page »



Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language