Humor
MEMBERS
6 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Post a message...
    lz can i get a nic drama for teachers. i m a student, we have a group we want to present a small n lovely drama for teacher .in the drama a teacher should be there as a actor we students are actors
    I am a retired teacher and published writer. My comedic memoir Jive Chalkin has recently been published. I wrote the book as a tribute to teachers. Come walk the halls with me.
    /blockquote>

    Please help me!! I'm giving a speech to 3 retiring teachers
    and I'd love to end the speech w/ something humorous.
    Could you please give me some funny reasons to retire? And
    please be QUICK, lol. Thanks.
    view previous comments
    Bill O'Connor When you realize that the students you taught in your first year are now eligible for membership in AARP.
    May 28, 2014
    Bill O'Connor When you realize that your favorite recreational d**g is ibuprofen.
    May 28, 2014
    /blockquote>

    I need some lighthearted comparisons between super teachers
    and regular teachers such as super teachers intoduce their
    class to making butter by first taking them to a farm to
    milk a cow, then separating the cream, then churning the
    butter. Regular teachers buy a pound of Blue Bonnet
    margarine and say it...See More
    Heidi (my maiden name is Hunt!) /blockquote>

    Super teachers teach the first Thanksgiving by bringing all
    the fixings to a huge turkey dinner, making authentic costumes
    for all the children (and him/herself) by hand, and showing
    them how to weave baskets from scratch. Regular teachers give
    them a bag of popcorn and watch Disney's Pocohantus.

    H...See More
    Nov 27, 2002
    /blockquote>

    I was teaching a Spanish lesson to high schoolers,
    and I explained that "guardar la cama" (literally-- as it
    looks-- "guard the bed") means to be sick in bed and/or
    sleeping hard after a night of studying all night. I was
    expecting at least "polite laughter" at the expression
    "guard the bed"(which I happ...See More
    view previous comments
    Maybe that's why yo didn't received a response /blockquote>

    On 9/29/02, student teacher wrote:
    > I was teaching a Spanish lesson to high schoolers,
    > and I explained that "guardar la cama" (literally-- as it
    > looks-- "guard the bed") means to be sick in bed and/or
    > sleeping hard after a night of studying all night. I was
    > expecting at least "pol...See More
    Mar 6, 2003
    guardar la cama= be confined to bed NFM /blockquote>

    On 3/06/03, Maybe that's why yo didn't received a response
    wrote:
    > On 9/29/02, student teacher wrote:
    >> I was teaching a Spanish lesson to high schoolers,
    >> and I explained that "guardar la cama" (literally-- as it
    >> looks-- "guard the bed") means to be sick in bed and/or
    >...See More
    Apr 15, 2003
    /blockquote>

    I have no patience left
    I just want to cry
    I want to scream and yell
    And tell the school good-bye

    When tomorrow comes
    And the alarm goes off
    At my mirror I'll look
    And then I'll scoff

    I don't want to go
    I simply can not go
    Do I really have to?
    Oh please say "NO"

    Yet, for...See More
    /blockquote>

    As a hefty 7th grader is running by with a very large stick
    in his hand. Shrieking loudly:

    "Never, never run with a stick. Never, never run with a
    stick. Never, never run with a stick!"

    Seventh graders: Are they from another world?
    /blockquote>

    Do you have A.A.A.D.D?

    I thought it would help to know there are others out there.
    WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!They have finally found a diagnosis
    for my condition. Hooray!!

    I have recently been diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D.-- Age
    Activated Attention Deficit Disorder...

    This is how it goes: I d...See More
    view previous comments
    Nancy /blockquote>

    On 10/10/02, YOU are not alone!!!!!!!! wrote:
    > On 10/07/02, Lin wrote:
    >> Do you have A.A.A.D.D?
    >>
    >> I thought it would help to know there are others out there.
    >> WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!They have finally found a diagnosis
    >> for my condition. Hooray!!
    >> ...See More
    Oct 16, 2003
    Nancy /blockquote>

    On 10/10/02, YOU are not alone!!!!!!!! wrote:
    > On 10/07/02, Lin wrote:
    >> Do you have A.A.A.D.D?
    >>
    >> I thought it would help to know there are others out there.
    >> WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!They have finally found a diagnosis
    >> for my condition. Hooray!!
    >> ...See More
    Oct 16, 2003
    /blockquote>

    If you need a great inservice or institute day program,
    check out [link removed].
    /blockquote>

    I teach Spanish. One trick I learned ot get a class to quiet
    down is saying "TIEMPO" and having the class respond with
    MUERTO, pronounced Mwer'-toh (means time out), followed by
    dead silence (ha ha, at middle school level!)

    One young man is more excited than accurate about some of his
    pronuniciation...See More
    view previous comments
    Estrellita /blockquote>

    On 1/04/08, Judith wrote:
    > On 11/13/02, la maestra wrote:
    >> I like your idea...I feel your pain/humor as I am also a
    >> middle school Spanish teacher. Another fun thing is when
    >> they're talking about how old they are...
    >>
    >> �Tengo doce anos! (en vez de aï¿...See More
    Jan 16, 2008
    Scott Adams On 11/13/02, la maestra wrote: > I like your idea...I feel your pain/humor as I am also a > middle school Spanish teacher. Another fun thing is when > they're talking about how old they are... > > ¡Tengo doce anos! (en vez de años) > > and also, one of my husbands first mistakes in speaking with > a Spanish-speaking perso...See More
    Sep 10, 2012

    next page » « prev page



Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language