7 Members

Support Our Sponsors!

Start a new discussion...
I am a certified teacher with a Master's Degree in the state of Georgia. I would like to become certified also as a media specialist.

Does anyone know if I have to pass the GACE tests AND take take classes, or if I could JUST take the GACE to become certified as a media specialist?

Also, if classes are required, do schools ever hire media specialist even if they are not certified(but are in the process of doing this by taking classes).

Any information about this would be appreciated!
Mrs. G I work in a media center in Ga, although having GACE certification is usually the offical minimum requirement you'll be hard pressed to find a job. Most media specialist have masters degrees in library science or school library media and have passed their GACE. I would suggest if you really want a job as a media specialist to go abck to school. UGA...See More
Nov 12, 2010

Teacher Chatboards


Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language