CO Teachers
MEMBERS
1 Members

Support Our Sponsors!



Start a new discussion...
/blockquote>

I am a NYS certified history teacher (my husband is a NYS
English teacher) and we are seriously thinking about moving
our family to Colorado. What I want to know is something
that only a teacher living and working in Colorado can tell
me...what is it like teaching in Colorado? What's the
salary like? What are the job opportunities like? Do you
enjoy a good lifestyle or is the salary low that you have to
do without most of the time? What's the pension plan like
and the health benefits? I know these are too many
questions, but any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!!!
view previous comments
dog has bad ears /blockquote>

Happy New Year Michele,

You are in for a shock when you see the prices of houses.
Douglas County is very expensive and you won't get a house for
under $200,000. At 200K, it will be just a modest house at that.
This is a nice website to use: [link removed]!!

I've heard some parts of Colorado Sp...See More
Dec 31, 2007
Booklady /blockquote>

On 12/12/07, Michele wrote:
> I am a NYS certified history teacher (my husband is a NYS
> English teacher) and we are seriously thinking about moving
> our family to Colorado. What I want to know is something
> that only a teacher living and working in Colorado can tell
> me...what is it like ...See More
Jan 10, 2008
Christine /blockquote>

On 12/31/07, dog has bad ears wrote:
> Happy New Year Michele,
>
> You are in for a shock when you see the prices of houses.
> Douglas County is very expensive and you won't get a house for
> under $200,000. At 200K, it will be just a modest house at that.
> This is a nice website t...See More
Jun 3, 2008
K.H. I have heard that Douglas County has a "test" that you have to take when you apply for a licensed position. Does anybody know what kind of test it is? I have heard it is a personality test and that you won't get a call back if you don't pass. Is this true? Thanks for your help
Jan 29, 2009
DM Is it that Gallup-something personality test?

On 1/29/09, K.H. wrote: > I have heard that Douglas County has a "test" that you have > to take when you apply for a licensed position. Does > anybody know what kind of test it is? I have heard it is a > personality test and that you won't get a call back if you > don't pass. Is ...See More
Feb 7, 2009


Teacher Chatboards

States

Subject Areas

Language Arts

Foreign Language